Governor Chukwuma Soludo
How Anambra lost N250b to monday sit-at-home in one year
…as group launches ‘Let’s Bring Back Our Monday’
By Okey Maduforo,
Manufacturers and other businessmen in Anambra State have lost over N250 billion to the Mondays sit-at-home order in the last one year.
Similarly, it is being alleged that there was a grand plan by some persons to restore the economy of the state to ultimately emasculate the economy of the South East.
So far people who come to Anambra State to do business have since relocated to Asaba, Delta State and Lagos State due to the continued compliance to the Monday sit-at-home order.
Disclosing this to reporters in Nnewi, the Coordinator of Anambra Patriots, who announced the campaign of “Let’s Bring Back Our Monday,” Maxi Uzonna Chukwu, said, “Even the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) has announced that they were no longer part of the sit-at-home order, insisting that those enforcing the order are only out to over heat the polity.
“IPOB had said they had no hands in this phenomenon that is causing homongous damage to the socio-economic well-being of our people. Those involved in its implementation are doing so for money.
“They are not from Anambra. They are not freedom fighters and they merely cashed in on the situation to rip off innocent people in the name of freedom fighting.
“They see Anambra as a rich state to make money from but they fail to appreciate the fact that injury to one is injury to all as it would also affect the rest of Igbo land .
“We must have to sensitize our people and those behind it to take back our Monday especially now there is a government that has the political will to steer the course in the rescue mission.
“This body congratulates Governor Soludo for setting up the Truth, Justice and Peace Committee to look into the matter and we have implicit confidence in the committee that they would deliver.”